Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nominare

I felt like I was going to explode if I didn't write something, so here's what came out:





I love you from an empty heart.
Burning in the deepest parts--
Words unformed relay desires;
I pray these embers turn to fires.

For all things noble, all things sane,
They seek to steal You, take Your name;
And all things wicked, wretched, fine,
Have made me wander with the blind.

Scarred hands and feet, pierced side and brow
Are truly but Your love avowed.
Yet still I sit and ponder ways
To make You love this monstrous face.

I’ll prove my worth and make You see
I’m more than what You thought I’d be.
I’ll fight and give and run and wait,
If only I shall bear this weight.

But no. Your grace is far too vast.
You knew my fervor wouldn’t last.
And yet You bless me just the same
Through heights and depths, through flood and flame.
You took my sin and wore my shame;
And for it all, gave me Your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment